Our main objective at Hope in Christ Children’s Home is to give each child a full quality of life.
As a volunteer, you can help us achieve our objective and make it possible to give each child the opportunity to have a fulfilled life, by offering us your time and talents. Volunteering won’t just make a great impact in the children’s lives here at Hope in Christ; you would also be richly rewarded, with the experience of enriching these children’s lives.
- All volunteers must have a clean record e.g. Police records and 3 referral letters, one being from a pastor.
- All volunteers must be of good character and reputation, genuinely concerned for the interests of the children we serve and be able to provide reputable references
- All volunteers must complete a volunteer application form.
- Short Term or Day Volunteers will be monitored closely, especially in respect to their interaction with the children
- Long Term Volunteers must submit the following to the approval of the Board of trustees and the manager:
- Volunteer application form
- All certificates documenting qualifications
- Police clearance
- Long-term Professional volunteers may, under no circumstances, waive an interview process.
- International volunteers must make sure that all the relevant documents to enter South Africa are up to date:
- Medical Aid and Accident and Personal Insurance
- Helping with fund-raising
- Participating on the Board of Trustees
2. Support (Clerical) Services
- Answer phones
- Bulk mail distribution
- Data capturing (Updating the Homes ledgers)
5. Recreational activities
- Sports programs
- Holiday programs
- Art & culture
- Games & hobbies
4. Home care
- General maintenance of property & buildings
- Handy work (eg. Hanging shelves & pictures)
- Food preparations/ menu adjustments
- Sorting donations/updating stock ledgers
3. Social Work Related Activities
- Taking children to appointments
- Supervising family visits
- Tutoring/homework & early learning program
- Serving as a “Big Brother” or “Big Sister”
- Assisting during HIC center’s special events
- Provide training in skills development & religious programs, etc
Once Completed you can forward all the relative items to us by email or fax, using the contact details at the top of form/s you have downloaded.